The Grind

Well, I am into my second week of teaching. I still love it. Although I will say, there are good days and bad. This is to be expected as the students become more comfortable with me and begin to test their limits. The magic of the first-week new-and-exciting-teacher has begun to wear off, I'm afraid. Oh well. 

I still love it here. Teaching really is a rewarding job. Tonight, Brandi arrived in Naju. She is unpacking her things as I write. Although the solitude I enjoyed after Mindy and Peter went back to the States was refreshing for a time, I'm excited to be living with another person again! Suddenly, I am the one who "knows the ropes"... which is funny since I'm really still learning them myself. 

I began tutoring a few students this week, and that is a pretty neat experience. Working one-on-one allows me to build deeper relationships and really feel like I am pouring more of myself into another person. I get to know them on a deeper level. It's a beautiful thing. 

Most days, I really just wake up and feel utterly and entirely blessed to be here. Blessed to be in a position to travel and teach. Blessed that God would choose to use me for His purposes.

There really isn't much else to report on at the moment. I just wanted to give all of you a quick update! I hope you are well too! Know that you, my friends and family, are in my thoughts and prayers daily!

P.S. Having some minor internet issues currently... but some awesome pictures are soon to follow!

Comments

  1. Let's Skype this week! Let me know which day works best for you! :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts