June Update: Blog Makeover

It's June! 

I've now been in Korea for 8 months and 7 days. Teaching here has been everything I'd hoped and more. I find my job rewarding and I am ever enthused by endeavors of language learning and understanding a new culture. 




These days I've been very focused on improving different areas of my life so that I can maximize the time in my day and the potential for living a life of ministry. Some major steps I have taken to do this are: reworking my budget, sticking to a routine, and waking up earlier. Today marked a new milestone in my life... I woke up at 6:00 am naturally, without my alarm! Of course, I had to go to bed at 10:00 pm in order to accomplish this, but I am extremely happy since I have continually struggled to rise early in the morning. My reason for wanting to do this is that I have found I am quite productive in the mornings, while in the evenings after work I am simply exhausted and not motivated in the least. So what ends up happening is in the evenings I waste time on Facebook rather than doing something like reading a book or studying Korean. 




My latest project, as you can see, has been giving my blog a makeover. I have more plans for developing it in the future. I hope that this can be a place for friends and family to track with me while I am here on the other side of the world, but I also eventually want it to be a resource for others considering teaching and ministering abroad. One new thing I have added is the "Fiction" tab near the top of this blog. Shortly after beginning to read it, you will see that it is actually a fictionalized (in most cases accurate, but sometimes embellished) story of my adventures here in Korea. One day, if anything of interest comes of the stories, I may consider turning them into a book. I plan to release these "episodes" of my daily life on a regular basis. Please let me know if you like what you see! 

Much Love,
Eden

Comments

  1. thank you again for sharing your life with us is so wonderful to be able to travel along with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome Vicki! It's my pleasure to share! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts