When do you leave for where again?

I've been getting this question a lot. Thus, the topic for my first blog post is born. I'll keep it to the point.

First, where am I going?
I'm headed to Naju, South Korea. This is a smaller city about 3.5 hours from Seoul, South Korea's capital (the NYC of SK). I'll be teaching at a Christian School called Yeong Kang Academy where I will work with students ranging from elementary - high school age. Although the school is founded by a church, the students come from the community and are not necessarily from Christian families. I am excited for the opportunity to minister to them and be a light as I teach. I may also have the opportunity to lead a children's devotional on Sundays... but I am still praying about taking this on in addition to my teaching load. One awesome thing about this job is that I get to work alongside one of my fellow graduates from Liberty. Her name is Brandi Sams and we will be sharing a two-bedroom apartment together, compliments of the school. I anticipate that living with a fellow American and friend will make the transition to culture-shock a bit easier (I hope).

When am I leaving?
I don't know when I am leaving. However, I anticipate that this will be sometime in the first week of September (less than 3 weeks away). My teaching contract begins September 15th, but I am still waiting or my visa to be processed. I should have concrete details within 2 weeks.

How long will I be there?
My contract is for one year, but I may renew for an additional year it depending how everything goes. In any case, I plan to be traveling and teaching in the years to come so you should not expect to see me living in the States again any time soon. I believe this is what God has called me to, at least for now. I shall miss you all, of course! But I am excited for the journey ahead.

So then, what am I doing right now?
Teaching ski and snowboarding lessons in Lynchburg, VA and trying to build a small savings for my first months in Korea. I'm excited about helping my little sis, Mel, adjust to college life before I leave!

Comments

  1. I love this update blog, what a great idea. Back home I am all alone as the two monsters, otherwise know as Melody and Jeff travel the country. Of course there is a purpose in this madness.Melody is on her way to Liberty, for her first year of school and some adventure's till you leave. I on the other hand will be running the farm and going to work, somehow this is not the ideal plan. They seem to have the better end of the deal. But it is, I shall miss them both much, Thank goodness Jeff will return in just a few days. This will be an exciting adventure for you , can't wait till your journey begins. Love you mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eden, so excited for you! You will be an amazing teacher. Even better than teaching academic subjects is taking God's love and light to the world. God speed!

    Mrs. Nutter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts