New Year Update

Christmas has come and gone. Some people have long taken down the Christmas tree and eaten the last of the figgy pudding, while others remain in denial, holding onto the last scents of Christmas candles and purposely procrastinating on putting away the lights. (Yeah, my lights are still up... holla if you are in my club). Anyhow, I thought it was about time to check in with a little update on the happenings here over the past few weeks. 

On December 31st, I was able to embark on a short vacation back to my home in Wisconsin where I was able to stand up in my best friends (Elisabeth Patten's) wedding and also enjoy some long-anticipated family time. Though the trip was somewhat hectic with tightly scheduled family trips and late holiday celebrations, it was awesome to be home for a bit. It's crazy to see how different everything looks when you have spent four months living on the other side of the world.

On Saturday evening, Jan. 10th, I found myself back at my apartment in South Korea after a grueling  27 hours of travel (that is one way with layovers and bus transit). Good thing I don't have much of a problem sleeping just about anywhere! 

It's good to be back! South Korea is about 40 degrees warmer than the conditions I experienced back in the lovely tundra of my homeland. Getting back into the groove of teaching was a challenge at first, but once I set foot into my first classroom on Monday, I was suddenly all smiles seeing my little minions (that's what I affectionately call my students). I am still getting over jet lag (which is why I am writing this post at 3:29 am). I'm discovering that it doesn't matter how much you sleep during two straight days of travel, you cannot escape the aftermath of the horrendous "Jet Lag" :). Anyhow. Now that I am back, I am excited to eat my eggs, rice and soy sauce breakfast again and fall back into my gym swing. I have a lot of resolutions for this new year, and I'm excited to see how God brings those together for me as He has done so many times in the past.



Comments

Popular Posts